Anyway, I also included bookshelves in which I plan to fill with a lot of math related textbooks so that my students can look ahead to the cool stuff they might get to do in college. I'd also put other non-school related books there as well because I'd like to inspire my class to learn about more subjects than math. I'd hope that they would "check out" some of my books and give me feedback about what they've read.
I also drew and teacher's desk in which I put a computer. That way, if any of my students would like additional resources related to a problem, we could just look it up! A projector would also be in my room. I would have moveable desks too, so that I could re-arrange my room periodically during the school year.
For the most part, deciding on the layout of my future classroom would be helpful if I saw my future classroom, but this activity got me really excited about being able to decide what to hang on the walls and stuff like that! I also have a few green plants too!
i love the idea of having a "library" in the classroom! excellent idea. Your comment about chalkboard vs whiteboards make me want to get to know you...it's awesome that you think differently and specifically.
ReplyDeleteand the mountains on my profile are from a google image search hahah! but i do love to hike and can't wait to head out west someday.
Thinking about your classroom space is really important, Lauren. Liz and I feel quite strongly that thinking this through can be a key to thinking about what's important to you as a teacher, a kind of "through line" from abstract to concrete thinking regarding your teaching philosophy. I look forward to reading your evolving thinking on this topic, Lauren.
ReplyDeleteThe mountain view on top of your page is inspiring. You will go far guided by God - very cool how you added your purpose inside the awesome photo.
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find the quotation about the commencement speakers address?